Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

This Wild Life’s Kevin Jordan Gives Us: The 7 Songs That Define A Break Up

If you don't know This Wild Life by now, you should. Recently they were signed to Epitaph Records, which is well-deserved because they have beautiful music and have worked hard to get to where they are.

If you listen to Kevin talk, or just listen to their music, you know he's quite a deep, emotional person, and maybe one of the most perfect people to have contributed to an article like this one.

I don't frequently repost articles from other music websites or music news, but this is a subject very close to my heart (breakup playlists) and I absolutely love what Kevin has put together. It's pretty perfect and definitely going into my phone as a new playlist.

Check out the sample and the article below, as well as This Wild Life's website and music, if you haven't yet.

Song #3 :

"Daughter - 'Still'
Find It: 'If You Leave'


It's hard to choose a more relevant song off this record because the entire feeling of the record is so consistent, but this song particularly stuck with me more than others. It's about continuing to sleep with the person you've broken up with. Sleeping with someone is such a vulnerable and special thing to me, I can't just do it with someone I don't have true feelings for and care about. When you've broken up with someone and have so much hate in your heart but continue to let your body connect with them, it's an awful feeling. When Elena Tonra sings, "Hate is spitting out each others mouths, but we're still sleeping like we're lovers. Still with feet touching, still with eyes meeting, still our hands match, still with hearts beating", it reminds me of a time when I hated myself every moment I was with my ex after we broke up. I just felt so sick of myself and this song represents that cold feeling so well."

Read more at
http://www.rocksound.tv/features/article/the-7-songs-that-define-a-break-up-as-told-by-this-wild-lifes-kevin-Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment