Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Warped Tour Kickoff 2013 Interview with Stephan Jacobs (3/28/13)

It was a surprise for me to see the electronica artist and producer Stephan Jacobs at the Kickoff Party - not the type of artist you'd normally expect to be on Warped Tour, but I was nonetheless excited to be offered an interview with him by his manager. He's had a lot going on and a lot planned for the next year that fans of his music and the genre will be excited to hear, in his straight to the point style of interviewing.

***

What is your inspiration to make music?

The parties and the producing; I love making music.

What are your musical influences?

Punk rock, hip hop, electronic, West Coast sound. Parts of Canada and Eskimo.

What are your goals for 2013?

Things are really unfolding. Besides being on the Warped Tour line-up, I expect it to be a lot like 2012, where I had 180 shows, including Identity Festival, Pretty Lights, and playing with ill.Gates.

What do you see for yourself in the next 5 years?

I will continue evolving and reaching new fans. I look forward to custom equipment, my own crew, bigger tours, and bigger stages.

***

Be sure to check out Stephan on Facebook, Twitter, and on Warped Tour this summer!




Please support me by liking my page on Facebook for regular updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment