Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

"Midnight Mayfair" a.k.a. The Body Rampant's Latest Masterpiece

Have you ever listened to a song or an album once and you like it, but then you listen to it again, and you really like it, and then you listen to it a third time, and you're bordering on obsessed, and then you keep listening to it, and you just can't stop? Yes, of course you have. That's exactly what happened to me with this album.

After my first couple times through the album, I was raving to a couple of friends on Facebook. "Listen to this band! Go do it! Go now!" Of course, the new album hasn't been released yet, but that doesn't mean I won't force everyone I know to listen to the existing songs until they're so excited, they'll hopefully preorder the album. And I rarely do that. I'll tell people about music that I like, but I usually won't yell at them to go buy it.

The first song (Dirtnap) is an absolute favorite, which may mean that it's the best song, or just that it was the moment I fell in love, so I became attached to it. Down and dirty, straight-up beautiful, gritty music right there. Storm Bandage is a close second, and all of the other songs follow right behind. You'll often hear people talking about how they only like one song or a few songs off an album, or even from one specific artist, and how hard it is to find an entire album that they can listen to straight through without skipping or disliking something. Well, guess what? This album is one of the few that fits in the category of the latter. I haven't once found myself skipping a song while listening, unless it was to start back at the beginning again, just because I could!

As a whole, it's so well-rounded, and so much darker and deeper than all the previous music The Body Rampant has made, which makes for stellar listening time. Well-written, meaningful lyrics that hit a deep chord within me. Resistance is futile. This music will open up some doors in your head you didn't even realize were closed. You will become obsessed. The lyrics and melodies will overtake your life and your mind. These songs will become the best earworms you've ever had stuck in your head.

If you like Thrice, The Movielife, or Brand New, you will have an idea of what this album will sound like and how great it really is. But The Body Rampant truly makes a sound for themselves, even if they remind you of the other bands mentioned. Prepare yourselves for 10 tracks of magic.

Have I convinced you yet?

Check them out on Facebook, Twitter, and on their website, and pre-order Midnight Mayfair, coming out July 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment